Learn more about the history and breadth of Jewish Music with Sharim vâ€™Sharot’s esteemed conductor and music director, Dr. Elayne Robinson Grossman. â€œJewish musicâ€ extends from its Mizrachi, Sephardic, and Yiddish/Ashkenazic traditions to folk songs, concert music, opera, the Yiddish Theater, Broadway, Israeli music and more. Let Dr. Grossman and guest presenters guide you, via Zoom, through 8 forty-five minute sessions of active listening to highlight developments and parallels. Come learn what makes Jewish music distinct and influential in so many ways!
- Eight Thursdays from 7:30 – 8:15 pm: January 7, 14, 21, 28, February 4, 11,18, 25
- We hope to have at least 10 registrants by 12/18/2020.
- We will ask for a donation of $80 to Sharim v’Sharot with your registration.
- Please contact email@example.com for questions and registration details.
- Origins: The Second Temple – 1,000 C.E.
- Music of the East
- Music of the Sephardim
- Music of the Ashkenazim
- The Magical Art of Cantors
- Jews in America: On Broadway
- The Music of Israel: Folk, Rock, Concert
- Holidays Throughout the Year